In the Greek mythology the name Protogenoi (pl.; Gr. Πρωτογενοι, sing. Protogenos) means First Born or Primeval and are a group of deities who were born in the beginning of our universe.
The Protogenoi are the first entities or beings that come into existence. They form the very fabric of our universe and as such are immortal. The Prôtogenoi are a group of gods from which all the other gods descend. Although generally believed to be the first gods produced from Chaos, some sources mention a pair of deities who were the parents of these Prôtogenoi. These deites represent various elements of nature.
These are the names who made up the Prôtogenoi.
- Khaos (Air)
- Phanes (Generation) or Himeros (Eros elder - Procreation) - male
- Phusis (Nature) or Thesis (Creation) - female
- Erebos (Mists of Darkness) - male
- Nyx (Night) - female
- Ananke (Inevitability) - female
- Khronos (Time) - male
- Gaia (Earth) - female
- The Ourea (Mountains) - male
- The Nesoi (Islands) - female
- Ouranos (Heaven) - male
- Thetys (Thetis - Fresh Water) - female
- Okeanos (Ocean ) or Hydros (water) - male
with Aither (not offspring of Gaia)
- Pontos (Water, the Seas) - male
- Tartaros (the great stormy Hellpit, which was seen as both a deity and the personification) - male
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org"
All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License
Medieval Greece / Byzantine Empire
Science, Technology , Medicine , Warfare
, Biographies , Life , Cities/Places/Maps , Arts , Literature , Philosophy ,Olympics, Mythology , History , Images
Science, Technology, Arts
, Warfare , Literature, Biographies
Cities, Islands, Regions, Fauna/Flora ,
Biographies , History , Warfare
Science/Technology, Literature, Music , Arts , Film/Actors , Sport , Fashion