Glyptothek, Munich, Germany
Artist/Maker Unknown (original by Euphranor)
So called “Alexander Rondanini” (head). Ancient copy, the original belongs to a group created by Euphranor: King Philip of Macedon on his chariot lead by 4 horses; his son Alexander, taking on the chariot, holds the reins in both hands (armor and garb added the copist). Creation of the group after the Battle of Chaeronea, 338 BC.
Credit line Acquired in 1814 from Rondanini Palace, Rome
Accession number Inv. 298
Location Room 10 (Saal des Alexander)
Photographer/source User:Bibi Saint-Pol, , 2007-02-08
All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License