Ruins of a doric temple, Tal Adami.
Le Roy 1755
The doric Temple in Tal Adami, with 7 x 14 columns. Marble from Laurion and Agrileza was used to build the temple in the last quarter of the 5th century BC. In 1755 the French architect Julien David Le Roy produced a drawing of the ruins of the Temple.
It is believed that the Temple was never completed, some of the material was used for buildings of the Agora. It was dedicated to Demeter and Persephone according to inscriptions found.
All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License