Parasyros or Parasiros, Greek: Παρασυρός is a town in Mani, Laconia, Greece. Paraasyros is part of the municipality of Gytheio as well as Gytheio Province. Parasyros is located SE of Areopoli, N of Gerolimenas and S of Gytheio. Parasyros is situated in a dry-grass and a mountainous setting, farmlands are in valley areas and are rarely founded.
In around 1900 it boasted a population of 2000. Now Parasyros has a tiny population of 152.
Postal code: 232 00
Dialing code: 030-27330
Parasyros was built on a hill to escape pirate raids which threatened its coastal neighbour Skoutari.
In 1770 Parasyros sent men to contribute to the Maniot army in the Battle of Vromopigada. The Maniot army assembled in the mountains behind Parasyros called tria kefalia (Three Heads). In the battle that ensued the Maniot army annihalted a much superior Ottoman army. Parasyros was occupied by the Nazi's in WWII. After WWII Parasyros population began to dwindle down because of the area devestation by the Germans.
Parasyros formerly had a small school but it closed down due to a small population and was poorer than Gytheio that time. Parasyros never had a lyceum (middle school) Parasyros also has an abandoned square (plateia), the nearest is in Skoutari.