Byzantine church of the Moni Vlatadon monastery in Thessaloniki : West facade and entrance. c. 1351/1371.
The monastery of Vlatadon is the only active monastery from the around 20 monasteries in Thessaloniki. It was founded by Dorotheos and Markos Vlatis , students of Grigoris Palamas, between 1351 and 1371. For some years it was transformed into a Mosque by the Turks. A Patriarchal Institute for Patristic Studies, was founded in 1965, It has a library and publishes the journal Klironomia.
All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License