Byzantine church of the Taxiarches in Thessaloniki : West facade and entrance (Source)

The original name of the church is unknown. The byzantine church was transformed and to a mosque until in 1912 with the liberation of Thessaloniki it was again transformed into a Christian church dedicated to the Taxiarches. The western part was completeted in 1953.

Byzantine church of the Taxiarches in Thessaloniki : North side. Ca 1300-1350. (Source)

All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License