Nikos Goumas Stadium

Nikos Goumas Stadium was a multi-use stadium in Nea Filadelfia, a west suburb of Athens, Greece. It was used mostly for football matches and was the home stadium of AEK Athens.. "Nikos Goumas" Stadium is named after an old president of the club. He contributed to the building and later to the upgrading of the ground. It was previously known as "Nea Filadelfia Stadium" or simply "AEK Stadium".

Until 1979 it had a horseshoe-like shape. It was then that the double-tiered south stand was built, making it the largest stadium in Athens at the time This stand, and particularly its lower tier known as "Skepasti" (meaning "roofed"), is the home of the AEK ultras (called "Originals"). The capacity of the stadium was over 35,000 from the construction of this new stand in 1979, until the installation of seats on all stands in 1998. The stadium's capacity was 24,729 and was built in 1930. In 1998 AEK Athens decided to install 27,729 seats and reduced stadium's capacity from 35.000 to 24.000.

It was demolished in June 2003.

"Nikos Goumas" Stadium
Location Nea Filadelfia, Athens, Greece

Broke ground 1928
Opened 1930
Closed 2003
Demolished June 2003

Owner Amateur AEK Athens
Operator AEK Athens FC

Surface Grass
Former names
Gipedo AEK (AEK's home ground)

AEK Athens, Greece

24,729 (with seats),
35,000 (without seats)

101 x 78m

Retrieved from ""
All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License