Malesina (Greek: ) is a municipality in Phthiotis, Greece. Population 5404 (2001). Malesina is located in the province of Lokrida in the south-eastern side of the prefecture of Phthiotis, in the 125 kilometre of National Road 1. The Municipality is in the centre of a roughly triangular peninsula Aetolimnis on "plateau" and its altitude does not exceed two hundred sixty metres. Her horizon is open to east, the north and the west, but to the south is delimited by the hill of Aitolimiou, that his ridge cover very little still tens skirmish pines, dreary remnants of previously impenetrable forests of region, that where disappeared by the often fires of the last years. The city is surrounded by olive groves, vines and fields.
The town was founded by Albanian settlers between 1466 and 1485.
The region of Malesina from three sides is washed by the Northern Gulf of Euboea and shapes graphic beaches. The majestic bight of Theologian gives fantastic moments with his sunsets. Calm and beautiful the beaches of OSMAES, Vlihadas, Lekounas, Arsana, that each year gain the "Light blue Flag" for cleanliness. Graphic, but still difficult to access, the beaches of the Gorgolimanou, Papa, Mourtitsas, Mantesiou, Kakailias with the successive alternations of rock and sand. In deserted and majestic beaches of the region it throws the pine-tree shadow in the wave. From the other side of Eubean are erected almost vertically the Kantili, the mountain of Euboea, cutted, miserable, thinking, after his other piece was destroyed by the humid element before millions, wild as mad dog and ready like no other time for fearsome storms with furious norths that lower through his wild ravines. Euripides knew well how rages the Eubean in the front of Kantili, when it wrote in the The Trojan Women the phrase "πλήσον δε νεκρών κοίλον Ευβοίας μυχόν".
The region of Malesina has evolved rapidly into an economy based on tourism, because of its landscape and location near in Athens. but also because it possesses fertile grounds, olive groves and a lot of her residents find work in the heavy industry of Larko and in reconstruction of settlement OSMAES.
Malesina has well-studied street-plan of city, with perfect structural blocks, squares, streets straight from one end until the other. Her drain system, as well as the system of biological cleaning shortages are found in the stage of their completion. It has 14th-state municipal school, high school, lycee, kindergarten, day nursery, postoffice, banks, cooperatives, athletic associations, grounds, rural surgery, private dental clinic, drugstores and CENTRE FOR ELDERLY CITIZENS one kilometre outside from the city they are found the children΄s camps of Ministry of Abroad, where they are entertained each summertime hundreds of children from the Dissemination.
The municipality of Malesina comprises the city of Malesina, the resort of Theologian, the settlement of OSMAES of (Building Cooperative of Permanent Officers of Greek Army) and the villages Proskyna and Mazi. Alsi in the municipality of Malesina is the Byzantine Holy Abbey of Saint George Malesinas, as well as the archaeological spaces of Alon Lokridos (in Theologian), Korseias (Chiliadou or Paliokastro Proskyna) and Voumeliteas (Chiliadou or Martino).
Division of the municipality
malesina cump 2007
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/"