Koufalia

Periphery: Central Macedonia
Prefecture : Thessaloniki.

Map of Koufalia, Thessaloniki

Koufalia,

Koufalia (Greek: Κουφάλια ) is a town of the synonymous municipality () in the prefecture of Thessaloniki.. The population of the town was 8102 in the year 2001.

Agios Athanasios Church, Agios Athanasios Church,

After the first world war due to the Neuilly-sur-Seine treaty (27.11.1919) there was an agreement between Bulgaria and Greece for a population exchange.

From the city Kavakli in Easter Rumelia many refuges came to Koufalia (80% of the population of Koufalia today originates from these refuges, the other 20% are Macedonians, Thracians or from Pontos).

The population of the municipality Koufalia was 10757 in 2001 and is divided in

  • Koufalia Δ.δ. Κουφαλίων -- τα [ 8102 ]
  • Prochoma / Δ.δ. Προχώματος [ 2655 ]
    • Kastanas / ο [ 663 ]
    • Akropotamos / ο [ 698 ]
    • Prochoma / το [ 1294 ]

Retrieved partly from "http://en.wikipedia.org"
All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License

A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M

N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z